The mission of the Business Constituency is to ensure that:
- the Constituency fully represents the views of the Internet business user community,
- ICANN policy positions are consistent with the development of business via an Internet that is stable, secure and reliable while promoting consumer confidence,
- ICANN policy positions derive from broad stakeholder participation in a common forum for suppliers and users.
Members of the Business Constituency use the Internet to conduct business.
The Business Constituency is a constituency representing customers of providers of connectivity, domain names, IP addresses, protocols and other services related to electronic commerce in its broad sense.
BC members contribute as:
- participants on the BC e-mail list to learn about and debate issues
- participants on telephone conferences to reach consensus on key issues
- participants at physical meetings coincident with ICANN global meetings
- issue managers on specific topics
- bridges for information flow between other GNSO constituencies